St. Saviour's Cathedral has magnificent stained glass windows on the east, north and south walls, all of them eloquent works of Christian art.
The most splendid of all is held to be the Great East Window, which rises above the altar and forms the visual climax of the building.
The window is notable for its size and beauty and is regarded as one of the finest products of the nineteenth century Gothic Revival.
It was made by the firm of Heaton, Butler and Bayne, of London in 1885 after the style of early sixteenth century Flemish glass such as is found in King's College Chapel, Cambridge.
The window forms the climax of the theological scheme of the Sanctuary, presenting pictorially the subject of the symbolic references noticed earlier. Its seven lights portray six events. Four of these are shown below.
Click on the images to view larger versions.
Below these are other details from various other windows.